To expedite the review of your resume, please include a cover letter explaining why you are interested in working at Rebellyous Foods.
About Us: Rebellyous Foods is an early-stage, plant-based food start-up. As a food production and manufacturing technology company, we are working to substantially increase the volume and lower the price of high-quality plant-based chicken products to effectively replace animal-based meat on a large scale. Rebellyous Foods is a fully vaccinated workplace.
About the Role: Rebellyous Foods is seeking a hardworking, conscientious, flexible, and detail-oriented Demand Planning Analyst who enjoys making a difference, being a part of a team, and takes pride in working at a high level in an extremely fast-paced, constantly changing startup environment. We are seeking a mission-focused and dedicated team member who takes on duties enthusiastically to ensure that we have the right product at the right time to meet our customers’ needs and our business goals. Keen follow through is critical for success for employees in a startup environment, and particularly in this position. This position requires considerable coordination with other team members. This is an extraordinary opportunity to support a fast growing, mission-focused start-up. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical and business skills in the area of specialization. You will need to provide leadership and expertise in evaluating complex supply chain problems and contribute to business strategies.
Interfaces with sales, business units and suppliers to develop product forecasts, create inventory strategies and resolve supply-demand issues impacting revenue, customer delivery and margin.
Key tasks will include, but are not limited to:
Product Demand and Supply Planning
- Independently works to develop product forecasts, create inventory strategies and resolve supply-demand issues for assigned products/business segments.
- Develop effective forecast models based on industry trends and demand patterns.
- Monitor and report on important changes in sales forecasts, budgets, and impact of business strategies.
- Drives forecast accuracy improvement and consensus for changes with sales, finance and Supply Chain.
- Lead the development of demand and supply planning best practices to identify, standardize and automate key planning inputs.
- Actively manage forecasts of parts included in seasonal promotions, incorporating all pertinent information to help obtain optimal results.
- Achieve, track, and maintain forecast accuracy according to stated goals.
- Create Material Ordering model to support procurement and provide timely, quality information to Materials Management through regular updates to allow timely procurement of ingredients
- Perform trend analysis to report inconsistencies with forecasts and actual sales
- Supporting Materials management by analyzing inventory on hand vs. customer demand/forecast
- Evaluates supply chain network design and proposes strategic changes to fulfillment strategy and operating paradigms.
- Evaluate historical sales trends and demand patterns and develop statistical forecast models to create a bottoms up monthly forecast that reconciles to top line targets.
- Maintain and improve forecasting models and methodology by reviewing historical sales trends, researching demand drivers, and developing forecast models.
- May be assigned to assist in the design, development and evaluation of new planning processes and systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business strategies and demand drivers in commercial activities. Translate the qualitative and quantitative inputs into a strategic demand forecast.
- Conduct sensitivity analyses and develop scenario plans to project risk to liability and service levels to make recommendations on operational business decisions. Report out to cross-functional stakeholders on key takeaways and actions needed.
- Identify risk & opportunities in the supply and demand plans. Develop and align recommended actions in monthly S&OP meetings.
- Generate supply plans through excel for assemblies and components to optimize stock levels across the warehouse network, considering shelf-life, demand, lead times, etc.
- Provide balanced judgment and demonstrates problem solving skills in complex and ambiguous situations
- Work with Senior Supply Chain manager to maintain data integrity of BOM’s and Master Data to ensure forecast is generating accurate purchase recommendations through excel models and eventually through MRP. Evaluate MRP parameters and master data for optimal and accurate values.
- Collaborate with Senior SC Manager and Co-Manufacturing Manager and make recommendations on safety stock levels, and MOQ’s.
- Actively share progress on launch and promotional initiatives and provide insights to forecast assumptions and supply outlook.
- Proactively communicate supply issues and risk mitigation plans at meetings to multiple levels of management.
- Identify areas of improvements in the current planning process and recommend action plans.
- Participates in supply chain initiatives & improvements to drive efficiencies and best practices
- Lead cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated assumptions.
- Mentors and provides leadership to other colleagues. Sets an example of agility and adaptability.
- Builds constructive stakeholder relationships which involve direct interaction and influence with different stakeholders.
- Act as a subject matter expert for SAP reporting tools with proficiency in reporting against forecast, invoice, orders, and sell-through data.
Demand Plan Data Management and Support
- Lead monthly S&OP process through forecast input aggregation and summarization.
- Collaborate with Business Development and Production teams as needed to gather cross-functional data and aggregate into usable data sets.
- Perform forecast data validation as needed and problem solve issues.
Ad hoc analyses, reporting and dashboard creation
- Own demand and supply planning communication. Create dashboards to share weekly, monthly and quarterly forecast consumption, accuracy and other trends from the channel/product category level down to customer and SKU.
- Perform ongoing analytic projects in support of brand strategies and business operations optimization including quantitative research, modeling, analysis and communication as needed. Topics will include, but not limited to: long term demand forecast, short term replenishment, lost sale opportunities and ROI analysis.
Qualifications: Candidates should have all of the following credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Statistics, Business or related discipline is preferred
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing demand and supply planning role
- Experience with MRP, Demand and Supply planning
- Complex/Statistical data analysis skills
- Demonstrated cross-functional team leadership
- In-depth understanding other supply chain disciplines and product/business strategy, and exceptional overall business acumen
- Experience in S&OP meetings
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a resourceful professional style
- Well-developed quantitative skills with an aptitude for report-building, data mining, and interpretation
- Displays strong initiative with a curiosity for learning
- Innovative mindset and a tendency to challenge the norm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally, demonstrating strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- SAP (or other ERP systems) experience highly preferred
- Exceptional proficiency in all standard G-Suite applications as well as MS Word, Excel & Powerpoint
- Advanced excel skills with proven ability to create excel reports and templates from scratch
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Exceptional experience completing tasks to a high standard of professionalism and attention to detail
- Proven self starter with ability to work independently and navigate ambiguity to create structure
- Ability to work quickly, (with and without tight deadlines) and effectively
- Ability to be flexible and willing to take on new tasks to support the team
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, demanding food production, startup environment
- A commitment to food safety
- Ability to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19
Compensation Package: Competitive salary based on experience. Medical, dental and vision insurance offered along with accrued vacation and sick time.
Location: Headquarters is located in West Seattle.
How to apply: Apply on our website at www.rebellyous.com/careers. We are genuinely interested in learning more about why you are excited to work at Rebellyous Foods, so please provide a cover letter with your resume.
Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy: At Rebellyous Foods, we aim to attract the most qualified and creative problem-solvers to the mission of providing sustainable, affordable meat alternatives. In achieving that goal, RF does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of our operations. Women, minorities, people of color, and those with non-traditional educational and experiential backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Further, we are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. Discrimination or harassment in any form or based on any of the above factors is prohibited, as is retaliation against a person who has made a complaint or given information regarding possible violations of our policy.